We use stick figures to illustrate yoga poses. We find that they are
- easier to understand (for you and your students)
- easier to draw (for your custom poses)
- easier to print (they take less space and less ink then other images)
We do NOT include instructions on how to perform poses for the following reasons:
- Pose execution varies from tradition to tradition
- You might choose to emphasize a certain aspect of the pose and provide appropriate instructions
- In certain cases instructions are not needed (for experienced students or when you use Sequence Wiz for record keeping)
If you choose to add your own instructions, you are welcome to customize the Pose Properties.
Once you start creating your own practices, you will be able to use those as templates, as well. Another important feature of Sequence Wiz is Combos feature. It enables you to save poses and vinyasas that you use frequently (for example, Child’s pose or Sun Salutation Series) and make them easily accessible. Please refer to the instructional video Designing a Yoga Practice for more information on the subject.
No, you cannot see the sequences designed by other members for the following reasons:
- We respect other people’s property rights
- Sequence Wiz is intended to serve an educational purpose, therefore simply copying other teacher’s work is not encouraged
- Sometimes the sequences that users design do not follow basic sequencing rules and therefore can potentially be damaging to yoga students. We do not want you to copy other people’s mistakes.