When I was little, I liked to play doctor. I would examine my dolls and write down their symptoms on the mailing labels that I had snatched from the post office. Those mailing labels worked really well – they had boxes for the patient’s name and address, and you could pretend that one box was for diagnoses and another one was for symptoms. I kept those “patient cards” along with little “patient history” notebooks assigned to each doll. When a patient came in for a visit, I would dutifully record their symptoms and recovery progress in their notebooks. Most of my dolls had colds at the time, since this is what I had experience with, and on one exciting occasion a doll came down with appendicitis, since it was suspected in me at one point. I loved my organizational system and kept it up for a long time.
As I got older and began to work with real yoga students one-on-one, I, once again, felt the need to take notes about my student’s health challenges, their goals and yoga practices they responded to favorably. As I began seeing more and more students, those records had become invaluable in reminding me about small details I might have forgotten and providing a road map of my student’s progress.
Since I couldn’t find any comprehensive premade forms and templates designed specifically for yoga teachers, I had to make my own. Over the years I kept creating and recreating different organizational systems to keep my students’ records. There were file folders, notebooks, Word documents, charts, fillable pdf forms, and so on. Keeping track of all those different renditions was a struggle. Sometimes a student would come back after years of absence and I had to wrack my brain trying to figure out which format I had stored their information in. I dreamt of having all my papers organized in one place, neat, comprehensive and easily accessible.
I tested some electronic systems designed for mental health professionals, massage therapists and other disciplines and was quickly overwhelmed by their complexity. They had features, organization and language that were of no use to me, while at the same time lacking crucial elements that I needed as a yoga teacher and yoga therapist. After years of struggle, I set out to create a student management system designed just for yoga. That took longer than I could ever imagined, but it is finally here!
Introducing Sequence Wiz Student Management System for yoga teachers and yoga therapists, with all the features you need and none that you don’t. Now you can securely store and easily manage all your records about your classes and students. Here are some of the amazing features that the new Student Management System has:
- COMPREHENSIVE STUDENT PROFILES where you can organize all information about your students (forms, files, images, goals, structural observation, session notes and sequences) in one place;
- CUSTOMIZABLE FORMS where you can create brand new forms or customize pre-loaded templates, send them to your students and store their responses;
- INTERACTIVE MAPPING where you can map your student’s structural imbalances and physical concerns using our visual tagging system;
- SESSION NOTES where you can chronicle you student’s progress using a comprehensive SOAP note format with handy prompts that guide you along the process;
- PREMADE DISCLAIMER FORM that allows you to meet the requirements of your liability insurance by sending your students liability waivers;
- CLASS ATTENDANCE TRACKING that helps you keep track of who attended your classes and when;
- PAYMENT TRACKING that allows you to keep track of all payments that each one of your students makes. We do not offer payment processing services, but you can enter information about payments that you receive via different channels;
- GOOGLE CALENDAR INTEGRATION that allows you to view and manage your upcoming appointments in one calendar.
Sequence Wiz Student Management System will keep all your records safe with multiple layers of security, including secure servers, record encryption, firewall protection, round-the-clock security monitoring and optional two-step authentication on login.
Please check out this short video to see what these features look like in action.
Sequence Wiz Student Management is now integrated with our yoga sequence builder.
Give it a try with our FREE 14-DAY TRIAL (even if you had tried the sequence builder before, you will get another free trial to check out the integrated Student Management System with yoga sequence builder).
After years in the making, I am so thrilled to share this new tool with you. Please check it out and let me know what you think!